Two CD Combo Package
“Tradin’ With The Greats”®, is the next generation of Jazz Play Along recordings. “Tradin’ With The Greats”®, puts you in the band with some of the greatest musicians of our time. Trading is the time-honored tradition where musicians improvise back and forth, inspiring each other to play at higher levels of artistry than they normally reach.
Two CD Disc Sets Include:
- Disc I – Trading Play Alongs:
Trade choruses, eights, four’s and play the melody with legendary artist’s and their working/recording groups.
- Disc II – Pure Play Along:
Improvise with a traditional play-along
The songs that every Jazz musician should know
Each artist has included a few originals
Concert, Bb, Eb, and Bass Clef Chord Changes to all songs
- For All Instruments
Bass players and drummers should read Technical Notes below
- High Fidelity:
Recorded at Systems Two in NYC, one of the finest studios anywhere.
Out of stock
Who Can Benefit From This CD?
- Wants to Improve their Improvisation Skills
- Wants to Improve the way they interpret Jazz Standards
- Wants an invitation to sit in on a recording session with some of the greatest musicians of our time
- Would like to be inspired to take your playing to the next level and beyond
- Wants to improve their time
The idea behind “Tradin’ With The Greats”®, is to have the greatest musicians and their working/recording band make a record and leave space for you. In the case of Kenny Werner, this is the actual trio you would hear if you went to The Blue Note in NYC to hear the Kenny Werner trio. In the case of the George Garzone project, Garzone, Bob Gullotti, and John Lockwood make up the band the Fringe, which has been playing non-stop since 1972. When George said he wanted to use Mulgrew Miller on piano I was ecstatic.