What Is the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The JET is a bright saxophone mouthpiece with excellent projection, extra easy altissimo register and yet it has a very full bottom range that is easy to play. The JodyJazz JET Tenor Saxophone mouthpiece is free blowing, easy and fun to play mouthpiece that captures the full range of tonal qualities of the instrument. The JET has a clean, focused sound with strong projection and cut, while maintaining extraordinary versatility. The JodyJazz JET is excellent for Rock, Funk, Blues, Smooth Jazz and Latin Music, Reggae, Ska, Funk, Hip Hop, Top 40, Duranguense, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Compa, Tejano, Musica Popular Brasileira, but at the same time we think that many Tenor sax players will be surprised at how well it plays lead Tenor in a big band or Jazz Combo. In other words the JET is a great saxophone mouthpiece that seems to appeal to a very broad variety of players.
Four Goals in Creating the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- BRIGHT - To create a bright free blowing mouthpiece that is versatile while having more projection than most mouthpieces.
- ALTISSIMO - To create a mouthpiece that easily produces great altissimo notes. The Altissimo is actually helped by our new shorter facing curve, which is brand new to the JET.
- GREAT PRICE - To make an affordable sax mouthpiece that can be made with the same cutting edge technology as our metal sax mouthpieces, but costs much less than a metal mouthpiece.
- GREAT QUALITY - Each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone. We demand and achieve the most rigorous quality control possible.
JodyJazz JET Tenor Sax Mouthpiece Price: $199
The mouthpiece comes with Deluxe Mouthpiece Pouch. Free domestic USPS Priority Mail shipping and handling included. (Click "Buy Now" button to see overseas shipping).
Does Not Include Ligature
This mouthpiece does not come with a ligature. Your current ligature (if you have a hard rubber mouthpiece) should fit this, but for upgrades on the ligature you can look here at our POWER RING Ligatures which we made specifically for this mouthpiece. You can also take a look here at our H-Ligatures option as well.
The JET Difference
- 5 Axis CNC Machining - Allows for extremely precise manufacturing and repeatability.
- Hand Finishing - Expert hand filing to create the perfect tip rail, baffle combination.
- Unique Design - The unique inner shape of the JodyJazz JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece gives it a unique sound and feel that combines power, fullness and ease of play.
- New Facing Curve - A shorter facing curve allows for easier altissimo.
JodyJazz JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece demonstrated by Jody Espina
JodyJazz JET Tenor 6 Saxophone Mouthpiece demonstrated by Steve Wilkerson
JodyJazz JET Tenor sax mouthpiece [demo & review]
JodyJazz JET Tenor Sax Mouthpiece Available Tip Openings
- 6 = .090
- 7 = .100
- 7* = .105
- 8 = .110
- 9 = .120
Do you need a facing comparison chart?
CLICK HERE to compare JodyJazz mouthpieces with other brands.
Testimonials from JodyJazz Artist Endorsers
What Does The JET Do?
- Clean Focused Bright Sound
- Free Blowing
- Easy Altissimo
- Responsive Low End
- Power and Projection
How Does The JET Do It?
- Small Chamber
- Precision - CNC Machined
- Shorter, Proprietary Facing Length
- Hand Finished Baffle and Tip Rale
- Play tested by Jody Espina or Staff
Special Notes on the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
Due to the shorter facing curve on the JET a softer reed than you might normally use could be appropriate. This is because the reed actually has less length in which to vibrate. This doesn't hinder playing at all, in fact it makes the JET one of the greatest altissimo pieces of all time. Altissimo still works great with a little softer reed. These are my observations and how I like to play the JET. For example on a JodyJazz DV Tenor 7* I play a Rico Jazz Select 3M and on the JET Tenor 7* I prefer a 3S and sometimes even a 2H11. The JET is still free-blowing but I think the JET's shorter facing curve makes a difference with the reed. The main message is that anytime you are trying a new mouthpiece two things are very important: finding the right reed for the mouthpiece and making sure that while you try the mouthpiece you are in tune. Don't assume that it will go on the neck in the same place as your previous mouthpiece. In fact the JET pushes on further than many mouthpieces. I love the JET and I hope you will too. Jody Espina – President, JodyJazz
Hand Finished and Play Tested
Every JodyJazz mouthpiece is hand finished to insure the absolute best quality. In addition, each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone.