What Is the SUPER JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The SUPER JET Tenor Metal Saxophone Mouthpiece is a modern saxophone mouthpiece. It is our brightest and loudest mouthpiece, without being obnoxious. The SUPER JET series has been developed for the Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Rock and Funk player in mind but we are finding many Jazz players loving this mouthpiece. The Silver-Plated virgin bell brass gives the SUPER JET Tenor a crisp, clean brightness that can get very funky and dirty because the piece really vibrates due to the beak design. It’s going to give you more cutting power, more edge, more volume and more Altissimo. But like the Alto model, it is beautifully free-blowing with enough bottom in the sound to make it more versatile than many mouthpieces in this category of small chamber pieces. Super fun to play, anyone who likes plenty of volume and cutting power will love the SUPER JET Tenor. Volume – You will be amazed at how loud you can get with this mouthpiece, yet you can play sweetly without it sounding shrill.
Power Edge & Altissimo
Power and projection are derived from the small step baffle design. Brightness, edge and cut are enhanced by the Silver Plated virgin bell brass which gives the SUPER JET a crisp clean brightness that can get very funky and dirty and due to the beak design the piece really vibrates. Like all JodyJazz mouthpieces the SUPER JET features a hand crafted baffle, thin tip rail and side rails for that instantaneous response for which JodyJazz mouthpieces are famous.
Four Goals in Creating the SUPER JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- POWER - To create our most powerful mouthpiece yet while retaining the free blowing full sound that is the trademark of JodyJazz mouthpieces.
- EDGE - To have the ability to cut through loud instruments such as drums, electric guitars etc.
- ALTISSIMO - To create a mouthpiece that easily produces the highest Altissimo notes. The Altissimo is actually helped by a shorter facing curve.
- GREAT QUALITY - We use cutting edge technology and expert hand-craftsmanship. Each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone. We demand and achieve the most rigorous quality control possible.
JodyJazz SUPER JET Tenor Sax Mouthpiece Price:$395
The mouthpiece comes with a Rovner Star Series Ligature & Cap and Deluxe Mouthpiece Pouch. Free domestic USPS Priority Mail shipping and handling included. (Click "Buy Now" button to see overseas shipping).
Testimonials from JodyJazz Artist Endorsers
Special Notes on the SUPER JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
Due to the shorter facing curve on the SUPER JET a softer reed than you might normally use could be appropriate. This is because the reed actually has less length in which to vibrate. This doesn't hinder playing at all, in fact it makes the SUPER JET one of the greatest Altissimo pieces of all times. Altissimo still works great with a little softer reed. These are my observations and how I like to play the SUPER JET Tenor. For example on a JodyJazz DV Tenor 7* I play a D’Addario Select Jazz 3M, and on the SUPER JET Tenor I prefer a 3S or 2H. The SUPER JET is very free blowing but I think the SUPER JET's shorter facing curve makes a difference with the reed. The main message is that anytime you are trying a new mouthpiece two things are very important: finding the right reed for the mouthpiece and making sure that while you try the mouthpiece you are in tune. Don't assume that it will go on the neck in the same place as your previous mouthpiece. I love the SUPER JET and I hope you will too. Jody Espina – President, JodyJazz
Hand Finished and Play Tested
Every JodyJazz mouthpiece is hand finished to insure the absolute best quality. In addition, each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone.
JodyJazz SUPER JET Tenor Sax Mouthpiece Available Tip Openings
- 6 = .090
- 7 = .101
- 7* = .108
- 8* = .116
- 9* = .125
- 10* = .135
Do you need a facing comparison chart?
CLICK HERE to compare JodyJazz mouthpieces with other brands.
The SUPER JET Difference
- 5 Axis CNC Machining - Allows for extremely precise manufacturing and repeatability.
- 2. Unique Design - The unique inner shape of the JodyJazz SUPER JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece gives it a unique sound and feel.
- 3. Shorter Facing Curve - Allows for great Altissimo.
What Does The SUPER JET Do?
- Powerful Cutting Sound
- Free Blowing
- Easy extreme Altissimo
- Low notes come out easily
- Versatility – sounds pretty when played softly
How Does The SUPER JET Do It?
- Small Chamber with step baffle
- Precision - CNC Machined
- Proprietary Shorter Facing Curve
- Hand Finished Baffle and Tip Rail
- Play tested by Jody Espina or Staff